PUMA Unisex PU910501001 Cardiac II Black and Silver Heart Rate Monitor Watch
- Chronograph, count-down timer; Heart rate monitor with wireless ECG sensor belt included and preset HR zone or manual set hi/lo HR zone
- Equipped to display heart rate as BPM, heart rate as percentage of maximum heart rate, HR max (age based) calories burned during workout, minimum HR of total exercise, maximum HR of total exercise and average HR of total exercise
- Dual alarm
- LED HR zone indicator, EL backlight
- Water-resistant to 165 feet (50 M)
Puma at a glance. Puma is one of the world’s leading sportlifestyle companies that designs and develops footwear, apparel and accessories. PUMA starts in Sport and ends in Fashion.
This watch is your brand new very-best workout buddy. It has it all: a heart rate monitor coupled with a wireless ECG sensor belt, plus a calorie counter, timer, and lap counter. Best part is, this guy makes it super easy to check your intensity with an easy-to-see LED zone indicator as well as audible alarms when you hit your low and high heart rate targets so you can turn all your attention towards powering through those last couple of miles.
- Digital display
- Flexible polyurethane band for a comfortable fit
- Heart rate monitor with wireless ECG sensor belt; features low and high target zones visually and with audible alarm
- LED zone indicator displays intensity levels (5 stages) for easy visibility
- Displays minimum, maximum, and average heart rate for total workout
- Calorie counter
- 1/100 second chronograph
- Exercise timer with lap counter (up to 99 laps)
- Dual daily alarm
- Auto calendar
- Back light mode
- Water resistant to 50 meters
- Case dimension: 40mm
- Weight: 60g
- Two-year manufacturers warranty
- Instruction manual available at www.puma.com/time/support for convenience
Puma’s active watches are well-designed accessories that also tell you time! The idea is to be able to wear our digital watches to the gym and out with your friends at night. A true accessory company for the active lifestyle.
List Price: $ 100.00
Price: [wpramaprice asin=”B003BNY8QK”]
Also Available on eBay
[wprebay kw=”puma+unisex+pu910501001+cardiac+ii+black+and+silver+heart+rate+monitor+watch” num=”0″ ebcat=”-1″] [wprebay kw=”puma+unisex+pu910501001+cardiac+ii+black+and+silver+heart+rate+monitor+watch” num=”1″ ebcat=”-1″]
- Choosing the Best Heart Rate Monitor(linkprana.wordpress.com)
- Heart Rate Monitors: Making Your Workouts Count(myhealthyfriend.wordpress.com)
Big Brother, Big Sister, Toddler T-shirt
Big Brother, Big Sister, Toddler T-shirt $18.15 by TheTeeEmporium
Heartbeat Heart Rate HeartLine Nurse T-Shirt
Heartbeat Heart Rate HeartLine Nurse T-Shirt $25.90 by your_passion_ammerse
Smile! You Are On Camera iPhone 13 Pro Max Case
Smile! You Are On Camera iPhone 13 Pro Max Case $36.90 by BuxomBabe
Blood pressure monitoring wristwatch
Blood pressure monitoring wristwatch $70.15 by igorsin
Would have been a great watch except for one major flaw,
This watch really does have it all. Its sleek, calorie counter, water resistant, back light, heart rate monitor, and most importantly tells time very well.
The major flaw? Well Amazon recently changed it but it used to say the display was made of mineral, which it isn’t and they have subsequently changed it. How did I konw? Well that’s easy cause I went to get a soft cloth to clean what I thought was a smudge (was a bad scratch) and scratched the lens more. This watches display was made of acrylic! Acrylic are you kidding me? I spend this much on a watch to have an acrylic display?!! Who even uses Acrylic anymore for displays or what not? DVD’s don’t even use Acrylic they use polycarbonate, so that means this watch will scratch easier than your DVD discs. Mine came scratched heavily on delivery.
Here’s the even worse deal about acrylic and that’s the fact that you CAN NOT USE ANYTHING TO CLEAN YOUR WATCH except for specialty cleaning kits for acrylic surfaces, which will cost you time and money. Yep, that’s right, so if you see that smudge on it. Don’t touch it! because you’ll probably scratch it. In comparison you can use a 100% cotton t-shirt to clean your DVD discs by gently rubbing them with lukewarm water, but you can’t do the same with Acrylic lenses or surfaces.
Returned mine for a refund. Stick with mineral or above for watches.
Was this review helpful to you?
Pretty sweet with a few drawbacks,
I had been looking for a sleek looking HRM watch, and decided to take a crack at this one despite a couple negative reviews. My first day out with it I got many compliments as well as a few “what does that do?” type questions. Having experience with similar watches (and being Lefty) I like having the buttons on the face of the watch. Based on another review, I will be as careful as possible with the watch’s face to avoid scratching.
Overall, I would say this watch is geared toward the mid-range user who wants a good looking watch. This watch doesn’t have any distance or GPS features, so this is not ideal for outdoor running (if you need that type of data). It does not store workout history or transfer data to a PC. For those reasons, I wouldn’t necessarily recommend this HRM Watch for a hardcore fitness enthusiast.
With that out of the way… I was aware of this watch’s feature set before I bought it, and was not in need of those advanced features. I bought this to wear during my P90X workouts to “stay in the zone”, and it suits that need perfectly thanks to the Zone Indicator feature. The watch also tracks workout time, calorie burn, and some stats on your min/max/avg heart rate. I am happy with the data that it tracks and plan to use this during all my workouts.
For the Pros:
– Chest Belt is very comfortable
– Watch strap is also very comfortable
– HRM readings seem accurate
– Lots of features/data readings
– Min/Max for Target Heart rate has simple setup, but also has manual over-ride
– Unique and modern design
– Backlight illuminates entire watch face
– Mine came with a $100 price tag on the watch, and I paid $60!
– There is a button with a Puma on it!
…and the Cons:
– Screen is a bit dim, hard to read when not in direct lighting
(The above issue is likely due to the negative red display of this particular model)
– Some of the detailed HRM icons are tiny and hard to see while moving
– In HRM mode, the backlight button also toggles HRM functions
– Only records one workout worth of data
(You can use the pause feature to record multiple workouts within one day, but you will only have one set of totals)
– Instructions leave a bit to be desired
– I can’t find a way to enable to Heart Rate Zone LEDs without also enabling the Heart Rate Min/Max alarms* (This would make me give it a 5!)
– Does not have a Knight Rider scanner mode (This would make me give it a 6!)
*This feature makes the watch alarm beep when you are below or above you target zone. While this is a great feature for when you cannot stop to look at the watch, the beeps are going to be annoying during interval training when you are not constantly trying to stay “in the zone”, or if you are working out with others. You have to dig pretty deep through the setup menu to turn the alarm feature on and off. Hopefully in a future version of this watch, they will allow you to turn on the LED independent of the audible alarm. If anyone found a way to do this, please post a reply so I can update this review to a 5!
Was this review helpful to you?
Comments are disabled for this post.